Tuesday, August 12, 2008

what are you SAYING?

i realized something today. i'm 36 and probably half (or more) of my LIFE is gone. what is there to show for it? sure i have a smokin' hott wife, 3 awesome and talented kids, a great house, 2 mini-vans, and a daughter...but what is left at the end of LIFE that makes God smile?

it hit me today that i have spent most of my LIFE trying to get the next, biggest, best, thing to survive this temporary existence. what would change if i TRULY believed that God wanted me to live for Him each day? would i hold on dearly to the house? the cars (NO!)? i would want to love my wife more, my kids more like Christ, and then, i want to have a legacy that says...i loved Christ with everything.

my LIFE hasn't said that up until this point...maybe now it is, but it hasn't. pretty sobering thought...

1 comment:

t marie said...

I may not comment a lot but I'm reading your blog. Thanks for challenging me.