Monday, April 16, 2007

Wreck'D Weekend



I had such a great opportunity this weekend. On Friday and Saturday I had the opportunity to be involved in "Wreck'D" weekend with Fleetwood Baptist Church. We were in Eutah (pronounced Utah), Alabama at a farm that serves as a ministry campground. Awesome is the only way to describe that place.

Jeff Weathers is the Student Pastor there. You can check up on him at his ministry website, www.crashstudents.com Beware though, they are possibly the most competitive group that I have ever been around. They will compete in anything. I learned a new Olympic sport this weekend...Noodle Hockey! That's right, pool noodles, a whiffle ball, and cones that serve as goals...all lead up to one of the most competitive and NHL-esque intense activities you will ever be a part of. In fact, I don't think anyone even realized that it was raining.

I had the opportunity to share a couple of messages with the group. We had a blast spending time together.

Enjoy LIFE,
--mike ><>

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mike, We sure did have a blast! You got right in there with the noodles! You got alittle sportin yourself! It has been a few weeks since Wreck'D and I am still seeing it's effect. Our students have been pushed by God's word! They have been challenged to considered a life lived with passion and purpose! God, used you man! I am so thankful you got to come and hang out with us! Thanks Jeff

Anonymous said...

Hey by the way, those videos are pretty funny, you got some skill! ~ jeff